Update Delayed Serial STONITH Design
note: This is a follow up post from 2015-07-21-rcd-stonith
This has since been accepted and merged into Fedora’s code base and as such will make it’s way to RHEL.
- Source Code: Github
- Diptrace CAD Design: Github
- I have open sourced the CAD circuit design and made this available within this repo under CAD Design and Schematics
- Related RedHat Bug: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1240868
The v2/v3 cables include the following improvements:
- Have a connector on the outside of the server (that’s female side runs from the reset pin ‘hijacker’) so that cables can be easily disconnected.
- Have a slightly improved circuit design.
- Have long thumb-screws on the RS232 serial connector that not longer accidentally unscrew the female RS232 connector in the server (whoops!).
All the ‘Hijack’ cable is, is essentially a small M-F extension cable for the motherboard front-panel (buttons/LED) PINs with one change:
- The two reset pins are ‘hijacked’ so you can add a connector to run out the back of the server a connection to the adjacent storage server’s rcd_serial connector.
Many thanks to:
- OurPCB (Board fabrication).
- Clusterlabs, Redhat and Fedora Teams, feedback and peer review.
- John Sutton for his original design that served as inspiration.